- What's a Wait List?
- How Will I Be Notified?
- Then What?
- When does Waitlisting end?
- What happens if I get an email giving me permission to register?
- Can I waitlist for more than one section of the same course?
- How does it work?
- What is the last day I can add myself to a waitlist?
- How do I know if an opening has come up for me?
- What if I change my mind and want to remove myself from the list?
- What if I have not been given permission to register after waitlisting closes?
- What if I am already on a payment plan or I am receiving financial aid?
- How can I find out where I am on the waitlist?
- Why does it appear that there are seats open in a class section, but I cannot register for that class?
- What if I receive an email telling me I have permission to register for a waitlisted course, but it's not letting me register?
Students register for, and then drop, classes all the time while arranging their schedules. Waitlists provide a more fair opportunity for students to get into popular classes that tend to fill quickly. It is an electronic list of students who want to enroll in a class section that is full.
If a student registered in the class section drops or doesn’t pay by the payment due date, then students on the waitlist may be given permission to register. As seats open up, students on the wait list are notified of the opening.
You'll receive an email from the registration office if a seat becomes available so it's very important that we have your current email address! Contact Registration to update your email address.
If you get an email about an opening, you may register for the class through myMCC or by contacting Registration by the deadline in the email. If you don't register for the class, the next student in line will be offered the open seat.
- Being on the wait list does NOT mean you are registered.
- Do not go to class if you're on the wait list but have not registered.
- Wait lists will be emptied and closed a week before classes start.
- Wait lists will show you where you are on the list.
Waitlists close one week prior to the start of a semester. After that, you will have to look online to see if there are openings.
You will have one calendar day only to register for that class. If you do not register, the next person on the waitlist will be given a chance to register.
Yes, you can waitlist for more than one section of the same course. However, if then you register for one of the sections of the course, you will be removed from all the other waitlists because you have made a registration decision. You may add yourself back onto waitlists after a registration decision but you are added to the bottom of the waitlists.
It is required that MCC have your current email for waitlisting.
Placement on a wait list does not guarantee enrollment in a class. If a class section is filled, you will get information that the course is filled and have the option to waitlist for the course. Places on the waitlist are first come, first serve. If there is an opening in the class section, you will receive an email notifying you that you have permission to register. You will have one day only to register. It is imperative that the Registration Office has your most current email and that you check this often if you are on a waitlist (even on the week-ends or during break). If it is past tuition due date you must either pay your tuition in full, get on the payment plan, or have financial aid to cover your tuition and fees. If you do not, you will be dropped from the course.
Waitlists close one week prior to the start of a semester. You may add yourself to a waitlist until then.
You will receive an email informing you that you have permission to register for the course section. You will have one day to register for the class.
Go to “Manage My Waitlist” on myMCC, My Tool Box, under Registration to remove yourself from a waitlist.
You will have to find other options in the schedule online.
If you have enrolled in a payment plan and subsequently add classes you will have all additional tuition and fees added to the payment plan and those charges will be subject to the same terms and conditions as the original payment plan. Students can check on myMCC, My Tool Box, Financial Info, ‘View My Account’ to see what they may owe.
Go to "Manage My Waitlist" on myMCC, My Tool Box under Registration to see your rank.
This will happen because the class has been waitlisted and those seats are reserved for the students on the waitlist. You can add yourself to the waitlist.
Even if you receive permission to register, you must still meet any prerequisite requirements. Also, if you have a registration restriction on your student record you will not be able to register. Contact the Registration Office with questions.