Financial Aid Questions that Veterans Frequently Have

When should I register in order to keep my checks continuous?

Veterans should register at the first opportunity each semester. Let the Veterans Specialist know as soon as you register in order to be certified quickly.

If I have never received benefits, how long after I register for school will I receive my first check?

Depending on your certification date it can take from eight to ten weeks for the Department of Veterans Affairs to process your certification.

What if I need to drop a class, what happens to my benefits?

Your training time will be reduced, and, if you have received payment from the Department of Veterans Affairs for that month, you will have to repay the difference. In most cases, the overage is withheld from your next payment.

How do I contact the Office of Financial Aid and Veterans Services at McHenry County College?

Building A (Room A262)
(815) 455-8763

How do I contact the Department of Veterans Affairs?

Visit or call (888) 442-4551