Veterans' Services at McHenry County College
If you would like to use your VA benefits, you must stop in the Office Financial Aid and Veteran Services, A262, and let us know you have registered for classes.
As a U.S. veteran, you can expect programs and services at MCC designed to serve your needs. We offer personalized attention to help you select a program of study that draws upon your military experience and also takes you down a career path that you'll excel at and enjoy.
At MCC, we offer you:
- Admissions and financial aid assistance
- Affordable tuition
- Convenient location for travel time and more time for family and/or your job
- First-rate instruction
- Career and technical programs
- In-district tuition at other community colleges if MCC doesn't have the program of study you seek
- Flexible scheduling and learning options to attend classes when it's convenient for you – including online and distance education programs
Here are some services available to you:
- Office of Financial Aid and Veterans Services
- Career Services offers a variety of career assistance for veterans, including:
- Resume writing assistance
- Job search assistance
- Interviewing skills and mock interviews
- Resume workshops
- Access to our Job Board , where students can post resumes and search for jobs locally and nation wide
- Returning Adults can receive guidance from one of our MCC recruiters. A meeting with a member of our recruiting team will get you on the right track.
- Student Life – Veterans Group
- Survey of Veteran Services