As a U.S. veteran, you can expect programs and services at MCC designed to serve your needs. We offer personalized attention to help you select a program of study that draws upon your military experience and also takes you down a career path that you'll excel at and enjoy.
Calculate your basic allowance for housing using the Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) calculator
Apply for your Veterans Benefits
- GI Bill
- Illinois Veteran Grant (IVG) and search IVG
- Request a joint services transcript for training received in the military and submit it to Admissions
- Request USAF transcripts
- Visit MCC's Office of Financial aid with your DD-214 to be evaluated for possible college credits
- Apply for veteran scholarships available through the Friends of MCC Foundation to help pay for books, supplies, or fees not covered by VA benefits
- Request grant funding through McHenry County Community Foundation (MCCF)
- Check Illinois state licenses and military training to find out what military experience can be applied toward professional licensing standards
Registering for classes
- When MCC priority registration opens for the next academic term, certified veterans are entitled to first-day enrollment
- Have your transfer credit evaluated (college transcripts, exams, military and workplace learning)
- MCC maintains a no-drop policy for veterans while VA benefits are being processed
- If you would like to use your VA benefits, you must stop in the Office Financial Aid and Veteran Services, A262, and let us know you have registered for classes. Fill out this request for benefits and certification form and return to A262.