Veterans' Services at McHenry County College
If you would like to use your VA benefits, you must stop in the Office Financial Aid and Veteran Services, A262, and let us know you have registered for classes.
Fill out this request for benefits and certification form and return to A262.
As a U.S. veteran, you can expect programs and services at MCC designed to serve your needs. We offer personalized attention to help you select a program of study that draws upon your military experience and also takes you down a career path that you'll excel at and enjoy.
Here are some services available to you:
- Assistance from the Office of Financial Aid and Veterans Services, A262E
- Access to the Student Veterans Resource Center, C122
Contact Jon Walters, SVRC Liaison, (815) 479-7543
- Receive technology guidance for class registration, grant and scholarship applications
- Hear speakers from the Veterans Assistance Committee and Transitional Living Services
- Obtain Post-Traumatic Stress counseling
- Join MCC's chapter of Student Veterans of America
- Participate in Voices of Veterans – a peer group exploring the art of writing war
- When MCC priority registration opens for the next academic term, certified veterans are entitled to first-day enrollment.
- Career Services offers a variety of career assistance for veterans, including:
- Returning Adults can receive guidance from one of our MCC recruiters. A meeting with a member of our recruiting team will get you on the right track.
- Survey of Veteran Services