Transferring to another school:
Transfer Associate Degrees
- Transfer degrees are for students interested in transferring to a four-year college or university to complete a bachelor’s degree.
How can I be sure my MCC courses transfer to my four-year school?
- Meet with an advisor!
- Transfer planning is a detailed process, and you are responsible for knowing specific requirements of the four-year school you are considering. Meeting with an advisor can help you prepare for a seamless transfer.
- Transfer and Course Equivalency Guides provide recommended courses for specific majors at your transfer institution and course to course equivalencies.
- The Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI) is a statewide agreement between over 100 Illinois colleges and universities designed to help students transfer credit.
MyCreditsTransfer is a statewide initiative designed to facilitate transfer within Illinois using the nationally available tool, Transferology. Within Transferology students can find out how courses transfer between institutions, how courses satisfy degree requirements and the different majors institutions offer.
How to use Transferology®.
How can I learn more about four-year schools?
- College representatives visit MCC
- Checklist for your campus visit
- Resources to help you choose a college
- College and university websites
- Illinois colleges and universities - location and academic program search
What if I know what I want to major in but I don't know where I want to transfer to?
- Sample academic plans for students who have decided on a baccalaureate major but are undecided about a baccalaureate transfer school
Are there alternative bachelor and graduate degree programs?
MCC provides transfer tools as a service to students. Every effort is made to maintain up-to-date and accurate information; however, this information is subject to change. Full responsibility for verifying transfer information lies with the student.