Except for make-ups, placements, and SPOCs, many of our other tests require appointments, so please be sure to call ahead at (815) 455-8984.
Note: Picture identification is required for all exams. Exams need to be completed five minutes prior to the Center’s closing time.
Important information you should know before using the Testing Center:
You need to submit a completed MCC Application for Admission form, pay the required non-refundable $15 admissions application fee and allow two business days for your student ID number to be assigned before you can take a placement exam at MCC.
All students using the Testing Center must comply with the Testing Center Regulations:
- All students must provide a current picture ID
- Testing fees must be paid in advance at Registration in A258
- No test will be started in the last half hour prior to closing time or if an instructor’s minimum allowable time cannot be honored
- CLEP, Proficiency, CNA, GED and some other tests require an appointment
- Telecourse tests require verification of student enrollment
- Allow two hours for an English placement exam and one and a half hours for a math placement exam; voluntary retakes require a $5 fee
- Purses and all electronic devices must be placed on front table – phones must be turned off
- No hats, food or drinks are allowed in the testing rooms
- If your test requires a calculator, we will provide one for you
- No talking is allowed inside the testing rooms
- Students must comply with MCC’s Student Code of Conduct
- Children are not allowed in the Testing Center
- The Testing Center is not responsible for personal belongings
- In accordance with FERPA regulations, please do not accompany, or inquire about, students taking tests