Using one browser for all websites doesn’t always work. With rapid updates in browsers and web page changes, a preferred browser may not always work with ALL web pages. Experts highly recommend having additional browsers available in these situations. If one browser doesn't work, use one of your backup browsers to quickly and easily improve your browsing experience. Select the name of a browser below to download the latest version of that browser.
Due to the changing nature of internet browser versions, we always recommend using the most up to date version of each browser.
Canvas, our learning management system, has specific browser requirements which change periodically. Be sure to check the latest Canvas-supported browsers.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Select the Tools button (or click Help in the Menu bar).
- Select About Internet Explorer.
- Select the menu button.
- Select Help and select About Firefox.
- The About Firefox window will appear. The version number is listed underneath the Firefox name.
- Select the Chrome menu.
- Select Help and About. The current version number is the series of numbers beneath the "Google Chrome" heading.
- Open your Safari web browser by clicking on the Safari icon in the dock.
- Select Safari in your Safari menu, located at the top of your screen.
- A drop-down menu will now appear. Choose the option labeled About Safari.
- A dialog box will now appear containing the browser's version number. The first number, located outside of the parenthesis, is the actual version of Safari.
- Select the O icon from the top left corner.
- Choose the About Opera option.
- This loads a really long page in the same browser window. You don't need to hunt for the version information because it's right at the top.