The Tax Practitioner Certificate consists of four tax courses: individual, corporate, Internal Revenue Service (IRS) practice and procedures and the Enrolled Agent Review course or Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Tax Clinic participation. These four courses are spread out throughout the calendar year enabling you to prepare for your Enrolled Agent (EA) Examination.
An EA is a federally-authorized tax practitioner with technical expertise in the field of taxation, who is empowered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury to represent taxpayers before all administrative levels of the IRS for audits, collections, and appeals. As an EA, you'll prepare and/or review tax returns and represent taxpayers before the IRS and state governments.
Total Cost of Tax Practitioner Certificate
(in-district) Total Amount: $2,003.00
Credit Hours to Complete: 12
Semesters to Complete: 4
What makes MCC's Tax Practitioner Certificate program better than or distinct from similar programs at other institutions?
- MCC pioneered the Tax Practitioner program that is now being duplicated at other institutions and by the National Association of Enrolled Agents.
- MCC's program delivers content beyond what is necessary for you to successfully pass the Enrolled Agent (EA) exam, offering intense training on taxpayer representation.
In addition to the Tax Practitioner Certificate, we offer:
What you need to know about getting your Tax Practitioner Certificate (CIP 52.0302)
|Additional Tax Practitioner Certificate Costs||$851.00||$851.00||$851.00||$851.00|
What job opportunities are available to someone with a Tax Practitioner Certificate?
Tax preparer, taxpayer representative, tax planner.
|Occupation and Occupational Profile Link||SOC Code|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||43-3031|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||43-3051|
How will MCC's Tax Practitioner Certificate program prepare me for my career or connect me to opportunities?
- Student internships are available with community employers as well as the opportunity to work at the VITA tax site at MCC each filing season.
By the Numbers:
- Tax professionals generally can expect to earn $30,000 to $100,000.
- Projected increase in employment of 8 to 14% over the next ten years.
What have graduates gone on to do?
- work for regional accounting firms
- become successfully self-employed
- be invited to sit on boards of not-for-profit entities
Outside the Classroom
- Learn about our Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Clinic.
- Take advantage of free accounting tutoring through the Sage Learning Center.
- National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA)
Already an MCC student?
Department Chair: (815) 455-8732
Interested in getting started at MCC?
Send me more information about this program and MCC.
Ask us to contact you ⇒