Scholarship Opportunities for McHenry County College students
2016 Spring Scholarship applications are currently being reviewed by our staff. All award and non-award applicants will be notified by Thanksgiving break.
For the 2016 Spring Scholarships not awarded, we will repost on January 1, 2016.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I hand write the scholarship application?
- The scholarship form should be filled in online, printed out, signed, and sent
to the Friends of MCC Foundation along with any other required information requested. Visit the student center, computer lab or library for Internet access.
NOTE: You must print the online application out, sign, and return it to the Friends of MCC Foundation, you cannot submit the form online.
- Can I submit my high school GPA?
- Only high school seniors and first semester MCC students can submit their high school GPA where applicable. Returning MCC students must submit their cumulative MCC GPA. Transfer students must submit their college transcripts.
- Do I have to play a sport at MCC to qualify for an athletic scholarship?
- Any district, community, high school or college sport, including teams and leagues, will qualify you for an athletic scholarship.
- Scholarship applications will be reviewed by judges. Punctuation, content and form will count!
- Include all of the requested information with the scholarship application. Do not send materials separately.
- Unused scholarships are not rolled over to the next semester. Scholarships are for the semester awarded, unless stated otherwise. Students need to reapply for the scholarship each semester.
- Scholarships do not apply to summer semesters!
- Remember to sign your application!
All materials submitted become the property of MCC and are not returnable. Applications will not be returned to students for additional documentation, alteration or completion of any nature. The MCC staff will not add, alter or complete an application on behalf of a student and all materials will be submitted to the selection committee "as is." MCC reserves the right to revoke/remove scholarship postings.
For more information, please call (815) 455-8721 or visit the Friends of MCC Foundation A209.
© 2015. McHenry County College. All rights reserved. McHenry County College, 8900 U.S. Hwy 14, Crystal Lake, Illinois 60012-2761 – (815) 455-3700