Run. Hide. Fight. Surviving an Active Shooter Event
Campus Safety and Security at McHenry County College
Campus Public Safety/Police
Did you know…
- Campus Public Safety/Police officers are on the main campus 24/7, 365 days a year?
- Officers will escort you to your car if needed? Dial extension 8733 or stop by B174, across from the cafeteria.
- There are 14 call boxes on lamp posts in MCC parking lots? Just push the button to talk and release to listen. Your call goes directly to The Emergency Operations Center.
- Officers are trained in CPR, basic first aid and are AED certified?
- Officers can jump start your car?
- Officers can unlock your vehicle if you lock your keys in your car?
If you have a problem
Dial 911 for a life-threatening emergency. Campus Public Safety/Police will respond.
For all non-emergency calls, please dial ext. 8733 or from an outside line dial (815) 455-8733.
The MCC Public Safety/Police Department is located in B175, near the commons area and cafe. The Public Safety/Police Department is staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by police officers and campus public safety officers.
Contact MCC's Behavioral Intervention Team if you're concerned about the well-being or safety of a MCC student, employee or any other person affecting the MCC community. Possible reasons include: concerning, threatening or disruptive behaviors.