Run. Hide. Fight. Surviving an Active Shooter Event
Campus Safety and Security at McHenry County College
Campus Public Safety/Police
Did you know…
- Officers will escort you to your car if needed? Dial extension 8733 or stop by their office, across from the café.
- Emergency call boxes are located on lamp posts in several MCC parking lots? Just push the button to talk and release to listen. Your call goes directly to the Emergency Operations Center.
- Officers are trained in CPR, basic first aid and are AED certified?
- Officers can jump start your car?
- Officers can unlock your vehicle if you lock your keys in your car?
If you have a problem
Dial 911 for a life-threatening emergency. Campus Police will respond.
For all non-emergency calls, please dial ext. 8733 or from an outside line dial (815) 455-8733 every day 7 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. After hours dial 911 for emergencies only.
The MCC Police Department is located in B176, near the commons area and café. The Police Department is staffed by police officers and campus public safety officers every day 5 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. The Crystal Lake Police Department responds to overnight emergencies on campus thru an intergovernmental agreement.
Contact MCC's Behavioral Intervention Team if you're concerned about the well-being or safety of a MCC student, employee or any other person affecting the MCC community. Possible reasons include: concerning, threatening or disruptive behaviors.