Our world is quickly becoming technology based, and job searching is no exception. When you apply online, be sure to customize your resume and cover letter for each job you apply for. Check these sites:
An additional note about the Internet: Make sure you know what is being published about you online.
- Check social networking pages for inappropriate pictures and comments. Delete anything that you would not show to your grandmother.
- Google search your name.
- Create opportunities for positive information such as an online portfolio.
- This is the most effective way of finding a good position. A majority of MCC's instructors found their jobs through networking.
- You should consider all interactions as potential business connections.
- Look into joining local networking groups.
- Check with employers directly
- Sign up with temp agencies
- Go to job fairs
- Visit MCC Career Services and McHenry County Workforce Network