District 528 Residency
Community College District 528 is one of 39 community college districts in the Illinois Community College System. It incorporates the following rural and suburban municipalities:
- Crystal Lake
- Oakwood Hills
- Solon Mills
- Spring Grove
- Wonder Lake
In addition to these municipalities, some addresses within
The legal boundaries of a community college district are formed from public high school districts. Residents of public high school districts 12, 19, 50, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, or 200 qualify as in-district residents of McHenry County College District 528. In-district public high schools are:
- Alden Hebron
- Cary Grove
- Crystal Lake Central
- Crystal Lake South
- McHenry East
- McHenry West
- Prairie Ridge
- Richmond Burton
- Woodstock North
In-district, private high schools are:
- Faith Lutheran *
- Marian Central *
* In-district residency is based on the student’s home address.
Community College District 528 Residency
Tuition rates are based on residency. You must be a resident (residing in-district) of District 528 for at least 30 days immediately prior to the start date of the semester to be considered a District 528 resident for in-district tuition purposes. Questions regarding residency may be directed to the Admissions Office, (815) 455-8530 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proof of Residency is required for:
- Current/former students changing from out-of-district and out-of-state to in-district.
- All new students applying for the spring 2011 semester and beyond.
The following is acceptable documentation which must include the student’s name:
- Illinois Drivers License
- Illinois State I.D.
- Utility Bill
- Voter Registration Card
- Library card only from the following libraries: Alden, Cary, Crystal Lake, Fox River Grove, Harvard, Hebron, Johnsburg, Marengo, McHenry, Oakwood Hills, Richmond, River East Library, Ringwood, Solon Mills, Spring Grove, Union, Wonder Lake, and Woodstock
- An in-district high school transcript proving attendance at the high school the semester immediately prior to entering MCC
Please note: students who move from outside the district and who obtain residence in the district for reasons other than attending MCC are exempt from the 30-day requirement if they demonstrate through documentation a verifiable interest in establishing permanent residency. This documentation must be approved by the Director of Enrollment Services.
Submit your proof of residency documentation in any of the following ways:
- In person at the Registration Office (A258)
- By fax at (815) 455-3766 (be sure to include a number where we can reach you)
- By mail at McHenry County College, Admissions, 8900 U.S. Highway 14, Crystal Lake, IL 60012 (be sure to include a number where we can reach you)
You are considered a resident of the college district if you are:
- 18 years of age or older and reside in District 528 or
- less than 18 years of age and reside with parent or legal guardian in District 528 or
- an emancipated minor and reside in District 528
Residing in District Deadline Dates
|Summer 2013 Intersession semester||April 13, 2013|
|Summer 2013 semester||May 10, 2013|
|Fall 2013 semester||July 16, 2013|
|Winter 2013 Intersession semester||November 16, 2013|
|Spring 2014 semester||December 10, 2013|
In order for a student to be charged in-district rates, proof should be submitted prior to the start of the individual semester.
Residents of Illinois, Out of District
A person who resides in Illinois, but is not a resident of Community College District 528 as defined above, is considered an out-of-district resident.
A person who resides in another state is considered an out-of-state resident and will be assessed the appropriate tuition.
***Out-of-district and out-of-state students who are employed within McHenry County College District 528 a minimum of 35 hours per week also qualify for the in-district tuition rate.