District 528 Residency
Community College District 528 is one of 39 community college districts in the Illinois Community College System. It incorporates the following rural and suburban municipalities:
- Crystal Lake
- Oakwood Hills
- Solon Mills
- Spring Grove
- Wonder Lake
In addition to these municipalities, some addresses within
The legal boundaries of a community college district are formed from public high school districts. Residents of public high school districts 12, 19, 50, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, or Woodstock district 200 qualify as in-district residents of McHenry County College District 528. In-district public high schools are:
- Alden Hebron
- Cary Grove
- Crystal Lake Central
- Crystal Lake South
- McHenry East
- McHenry West
- Prairie Ridge
- Richmond Burton
- Woodstock North
In-district, private high schools are:
- Faith Lutheran *
- Marian Central *
* In-district residency is based on the student’s home address.
Community College District 528 Residency
Tuition rates are based on residency. You must be a resident (residing in-district) of District 528 for at least 30 days immediately prior to the start date of the semester to be considered a District 528 resident for in-district tuition purposes. Questions regarding residency may be directed to the Admissions Office, (815) 455-8530 or email@example.com.
Proof of Residency is required for:
- Current/former students changing from out-of-district and out-of-state to in-district.
- All new students applying for the spring 2011 semester and beyond.
The following is acceptable documentation which must include the student’s name:
- Illinois Drivers License
- Illinois State I.D.
- Utility Bill
- Garbage collection
- Voter Registration Card
- Library card only from the following libraries: Alden, Cary, Crystal Lake, Fox River Grove, Harvard, Hebron, Johnsburg, Marengo, McHenry, Oakwood Hills, Richmond, River East Library, Ringwood, Solon Mills, Spring Grove, Union, Wonder Lake, and Woodstock
- An in-district high school transcript proving attendance at the high school the semester immediately prior to entering MCC
Please note: students who move from outside the district and who obtain residence in the district for reasons other than attending MCC are exempt from the 30-day requirement if they demonstrate through documentation a verifiable interest in establishing permanent residency. This documentation must be approved by the Director of Enrollment Services.
Submit your proof of residency documentation in any of the following ways:
- In person at the Registration Office (A258)
- By fax at (815) 455-3766 (be sure to include a number where we can reach you)
- By mail at McHenry County College, Admissions, 8900 U.S. Highway 14, Crystal Lake, IL 60012 (be sure to include a number where we can reach you)
You are considered a resident of the college district if you are:
- 18 years of age or older and reside in District 528 or
- less than 18 years of age and reside with parent or legal guardian in District 528 or
- an emancipated minor and reside in District 528
Residing in District Deadline Dates
|Summer 2013 Intersession semester||April 13, 2013|
|Summer 2013 semester||May 10, 2013|
|Fall 2013 semester||July 16, 2013|
|Winter 2013 Intersession semester||November 16, 2013|
|Spring 2014 semester||December 10, 2013|
In order for a student to be charged in-district rates, proof should be submitted prior to the start of the individual semester.
Residents of Illinois, Out of District
A person who resides in Illinois, but is not a resident of Community College District 528 as defined above, is considered an out-of-district resident.
A person who resides in another state is considered an out-of-state resident and will be assessed the appropriate tuition.
***Out-of-district and out-of-state students who are employed within McHenry County College District 528 a minimum of 35 hours per week also qualify for the in-district tuition rate.