Withdrawing and Refund Policy
How to Withdraw
You are encouraged to consult directly with the instructor and an advisor when considering a course withdrawal. You may withdraw with the Registration Office from a course in any of the following ways:
- Online through myMCC
- Click on Register and Drop Sections in My Tool Box
- Go to your list of classes under Current Registrations and place a check mark in front of the course or courses you want to drop.
- Click on Submit.
- A screen will appear informing you that you have dropped from the course you selected.
- Fax withdrawal request to the Registration Office at (815) 455-3766. Include your name, MCC ID number (if known) or birth date, course prefix, number, and section, course title, instructor, reason for withdrawal, and your signature.
- In person at the Registration Office and complete the Add/Drop form.
- Withdrawals will not be accepted over the telephone.
You should know that:
- The last day to receive the 100% refund is the business day* before the course begins. Applicable refund periods are noted on your invoice/schedule.
- You will not receive a refund for the registration fee or the payment plan fee.
- All student withdrawal dates are ¾ of the way through the semester.
|Length of Course||Last Day to Withdraw|
|16 week course||last day of week 12|
|12 week course||last day of week 9|
|8 week course||last day of week 6|
|4 week course||last day of week 3|
Important Course Dates - refund after class starts, last day to drop, final grades due
- Grade of “W” will be recorded. It will not count in computing the student grade point average.
- A failing grade will be posted on the student transcript if you do not follow college withdrawal procedures.
- Withdrawal dates are determined as of the date you contact the Registration Office in writing.
Tuition and fee refunds will be issued to eligible students based upon the effective date of withdrawal, which is determined by the date you formally notify the Registration Office by withdrawing online, in person, or by fax. Failure to attend class does not constitute withdrawal. To receive a full refund (less the registration fee) you must withdraw at least one business day prior to the class start date. It is your responsibility to be aware of these refund dates.
Request for Exception to Refund Policy forms are available in the Registration Office. To be considered, you must submit the form to the Bursar's Office no later than two weeks after the semester end date to which the request applies.
Depending on payment type, you will be issued a refund via Higher One as a check or credit to your myMCC Plus Card, a credit to the financial aid account, or a credit to the credit/debit card used for payment in term. The college reserves the right to determine method of refund.
If the college cancels a course, you will receive a full refund of tuition and course fees.
The following information serves as a guideline.
|Rate of refund||Classes less than 9 weeks||Classes 9 or more weeks long|
|100%||before first business day of class*||before first business day of class*|
|80%||within first 7 calendar days of course start date||within first 14 calendar days of course start date|
|0%||after 7 days||after 14 days|
*Business days are Monday through Friday.