photo of mom and dad with their college grad

Just for Parents

First-time college students face a variety of challenges meeting new people, cultivating successful study habits, navigating the college environment and developing a greater sense of independence. You can still play an important role in helping your student succeed by understanding what your son/daughter is going through and being aware of policies, procedures and information about MCC and the college process. The following information can help you support your student as he/she transitions into college life.

Frequently Asked Questions

If you still have questions after reading this, please email them to