Distance and Online Learning
Distance learning is a formal approach to learning in which the majority of the instruction occurs with the instructor and students separated by geographic distance and/or time.
Distance learning offers you the flexibility of completing some or all of your coursework and learning activities without having to regularly attend classes on campus. Get an education and enrich your life without sacrificing your personal life and/or professional career!
Curious about Online Learning?
Your Online Course Options
- Browse Online Course Sections
- Experience courses taught on the Internet using MCC's online course management system.
- Review course materials, participate in class discussions, turn in assignments and take quizzes online.
- Browse Blended Course Sections
- Meet on-campus for a reduced amount of time and experience the rest of the course online.
Self-Paced Online Courses (SPOCs)
- Formerly known as Telecourses.
- Interact with instructors via MCC's online course management system, telephone and/or campus visits.
- Focus on the same learning objectives as you would in traditional online courses with fewer hard deadlines within the semester.
- Enjoy the scheduling flexibility of multiple start dates.
Benefits of Online Learning
- Same low tuition as in-district tuition: Students enrolled in online courses pay the same low tuition paid by our in-district students regardless of residency.
- Attend classes at any time, from anywhere: Work around your own schedule as long as you get your learning activities done on time and actively participate in the learning process.
- Same instructors teaching face-to-face courses: At MCC, online courses are taught by the same qualified instructors who are teaching our face-to-face classes.
- Small class size: MCC online courses are limited to no more than 25 students.
- Our goal is your success: We are committed to make your online learning successful by providing you with online support services such as online proctoring, online tutoring, and online advising.