How to Register Online
If you have not received a username or password email from MCC, contact Registration at (815) 455-8588.
Log on to myMCC
- Type www.mchenry.edu/mymcc into your browser's address bar or click the myMCC link at the top of any page of the www.mchenry.edu website.
- Select the link under the Credit Students heading.
- Enter your myMCC username and password.
- Contact the Help Desk at (815) 455-8457 if you have trouble logging on.
Contact Registration at (815) 455-8588 if you have trouble registering or you need to update your contact information.
Search and Add Credit Courses to your Preferred List
- In My Tool Box, click on Registration to search, select, register and pay for classes.
- Click on Course: Search | Select | Register | Drop.
- Select Search and/or select credit sections.
- The Search or Browse Sections page will open
- Type the full course name (Ex. CIS 110-020), abbreviation or any word that may help identify the course in the search box. You can even type in a time and the results will display courses that start at that time.
- Enter your search criteria and click on the Search button. (You can narrow your search by selecting from one of the presorted Course Categories listed under the Search box.)
- After you've found a course you're interested in, click on the Section Name to open the complete course description.
- If you're logged on to myMCC, you'll see the Add to Preferred List button. Select the button to add this course to your Preferred List. Remember: Adding a course to your Preferred List will not register you for the class. It's only the first step and will add the course to your Preferred List where you can choose to register for it later.
Register for Credit Courses
- Find the courses that fit into your schedule and add them to your Preferred List.
- Select the View Your Preferred List link at the bottom of your search results.
- When you see a course in your preferred sections list that fits into your schedule and you want to register for it, click on the Action drop-down menu in front of the course and select Register.
- Click on the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the preferred sections list and you will register for that class.
- A screen will appear informing you that you have registered for the course you selected.
Drop a Credit Section
- Click on Register in My Tool Box.
- Select Course: Search | Select | Register | Drop.
- Click on Drop sections.
- Go to your list of classes under Current Registrations and place a check mark in front of the course or courses you want to drop.
- Click on Submit.
- A screen will appear informing you that you have dropped from the course you selected.
New to MCC? Registering for Workforce Classes for the first time?
- Select this link: Register for Workforce and Community Development Classes
- To search for a class, enter search criteria such as keyword (ex. art) or the course code number. Or, try selecting a Topic Code using the arrow for the drop-down menu.
- Select a class for registration and click Submit.
- Complete the required personal identification information and payment information, then click Submit.
- Note: Credit card payment is due at the time of registration for all Workforce and Community Development classes.
Noncredit classes are not eligible for a senior discount. All students will have the same pricing structure for noncredit classes.
Workforce and Community Development Refund Policy
- 100% refund will be given if the Registration office is notified one business day prior to the first day of Workforce and Community Development class/seminar that you are withdrawing from.
- There is no refund the day the Workforce and Community Development class starts or after.
- Trips and Tours are an exception. Refund policy varies per day tour. Please see individual tour descriptions for specific guidelines. Extended tour refund policies can be found in the tour brochure or flyer.