Earn your Medical Billing and Coding Certificate and train for employment as a Medical Billing and Coding Specialist in the health care field where you'll:
- Maintain medical records for hospital and clinic patients in compliance with regulations.
- Compile and report patient information for health records consistent with the healthcare industry's numerical coding system.
Total Cost of Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
(in-district) Total Amount: $3,944.00
Credit Hours to Complete: 22
Semesters to Complete: 2
What makes MCC's Medical Billing and Coding Certificate program better than or distinct from similar programs at other institutions?
You'll learn the latest programs including Medisoft® - Medical Practice Software and Encoder Pro.
In addition to the Medical Billing and Coding Certificate, we offer:
- Administrative Office Management AAS
- Administrative Office Management Certificate
- Administrative Office Skills Certificate
- Legal Administration Certificate
- Medical Administration Certificate
What you need to know about getting your Medical Billing and Coding Certificate (CIP 510713)
|Additional Medical Billing and Coding Certificate Costs||$1,832.00||$1,832.00||$1,832.00||$1,832.00|
What job opportunities are available to someone with a Medical Billing and Coding Certificate?
- Claims Specialist
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
- Medical and Health Services Manager
- Medical Records Technician
- Medical Secretary
|Occupation and Occupational Profile Link||SOC Code|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||29-2071|
How will MCC's Medical Billing and Coding Certificate program prepare me for my career or connect me to opportunities?
Ask about internship opportunities!
By the Numbers:
- Median Salary: $32,350
- Job Outlook: Employment is expected to increase by 21% through 2020
What have graduates gone on to do?
Medical Billing and Coding students have gone on to pass national certification exams and to obtain jobs in doctor's offices and/or medical billing and coding teaching positions.
Outside of the Classroom
In order to further your career, you may wish to seek national certification credentials beyond MCC's certificate. Organizations offering certification exams include:
- American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC)
- Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI) formerly the American Association for Medical Transcriptionists (AAMT)
- American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
Already an MCC student?
Interested in getting started at MCC?
Send me more information about this program and MCC.
Ask us to contact you ⇒