McHenry County College is focused on three core values: quality, community and being change ready. These values are reflected through our commitment to excellence in teaching and learning and student success. Ultimately, it is our people who demonstrate MCC’s excellence. Take a look at some of their stories below.
- I'm a veteran, a single mother, a new grandma and full-time MCC student.
- I started taking MCC's online courses when I was serving in Afghanistan.
- I always tell veterans that MCC helped me know that there's more... they helped me learn how to breathe without being in camouflage.
- My experience at MCC has given me the confidence to keep going with my education. When I started, I was terrified; I had no idea how things would go for me, but it’s been great!
- Coming back to MCC gave me what I needed to believe in myself again.
- Without support from my family, a great education, and wonderful mentors and role models, I would not have achieved my goals. As I look back with gratitude on the opportunities I received, I want to be able to provide the same support to others in their pursuits.
- The Education to Empowerment program enables women to to reach their fullest potential and achieve economic independence through education, mentoring and financial support.
- I'm truly blessed to be able to work with such inspiring students and with dedicated staff members who provide access and support.
- I can't think of an area of the college that we haven't worked with to ensure accessibility for our students. Like they say – it takes a village.
- I love being able to talk about writing all day,
every day and show my students the importance of writing in their everyday lives.
- I always tell my students that ordinary people
can create extraordinary things. – Jack
- MCC has changed my life and given me the hope and direction I needed to brighten my future.
- After completing a series of leadership workshops at MCC, I realized how much more I would get out of my time here if I got involved.
- I am proud to be a student at MCC and am thankful to have this opportunity.
- I'm an MCC graduate and the first in my family to attend college.
- I'm a resident of McHenry County, a wife, a mom and an MCC employee.
- For me, the biggest reward is seeing the transformation in students.
- I work third shift and attend MCC at night, earning a 4.0 GPA.
- I graduate in May with my Associate in Applied Science degree in manufacturing management.
- I am also working toward a CNC certificate and my bachelor's degree.
- I am passionate about the college.
- I want MCC to be part of the successes for this region.
- It is my role to anticipate educational and development needs so that we may plan smartly for the future.
- I am a resident too …
Our Faculty in the Spotlight
Ann Esarco’s passion for tax preparation is helping 600 people a year. As coordinator of the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Clinic, a free tax assistance clinic for low income individuals and families …