Get interview tips, become familiar with video interviewing, and practice answering interview questions with InterviewStream, a virtual mock interview tool that you can use at any time, from any computer and/or smart phone with a webcam.
- Customize your own pre-defined mock interview or select from the database
- Conduct your mock interview with just an internet connection and a webcam
- Critique your responses
When using Interview Stream on your desktop computer, use Firefox or Chrome for best results. Or, download the mobile app from iTunes or Google Play.
The Biggest Interview Mistakes
Then, once you have the interview scheduled, follow these preparation points to be as successful as possible:
- Research the company/organization. Visit their webpage, know what they do, where they are located, and review the job description.
- Compare your skills with the company's needs.
- Practice interviewing and prepare some questions for the interviewer.
- Confirm the interview time and date.
- The Art of the Interview
- Dress appropriately.
- Be early – arrive about 15 minutes prior to the scheduled interview time.
- Convey confidence in your body language and in your attitude.
- Listen carefully to the interviewer.
- Follow up with a thank-you note no later than one business day after the interview. A written note is customary, but an email is also acceptable. Do not skip this step – a follow-up note is a great opportunity to remind them of who you are, what you talked about in the interview and why you are the best candidate for the job. Your note should include:
- Thanks to the interviewer for his or her time
- A reference to what was discussed in the interview
- Why you think you would be a good match
- If you were given a timeframe of when the interviewer would contact you and you have not heard back, wait two to five days and contact them to check on the decision.