Internships provide you the opportunity to apply classroom knowledge to hands-on work experience within your designated field of study.
- MCC Students
- Build skills and jump start your career
- Enhance academic experience
- Apply academic theory to practical work experience
- Create a network of professional contacts
- Confirm that you have chosen the right career
- Receive college credit
- Increase your visibility on campus
- Mentor new professionals
- Cultivate potential employees
- Support the workforce in your community
- Promote academic, career, and student success
Completing an internship is a wonderful experience! However, permanent employment is not guaranteed at the end of your internship. Nevertheless, employers use the internship as a way to train and evaluate future employees.
Types of Internships
- Employer pays 100% toward the student’s salary
- TAA, CCCT Grant through the Illinois Board of Higher Education Cooperative Work Study Program and employer both pay 50% toward the salary. Grant funds are limited and reimbursements are on a first come, first served basis.
To qualify for the paid internship under the TAA, CCCT Grant, apply with the Education, Career, and Technical Education Division. You will be awarded funds through the grant upon qualification.
Students - speak with your department chair. Employers - contact Career Services (815) 455-8576.
McHenry County College will indemnify the employer, for and against liability, resulting from negligent, willful or wanton acts or omission of the college, its officers, agents, and employees without limitation, in this providing of services as set forth in the signed agreement.
- McHenry County College will furnish the interns to be trained, it being understood that the interns will remain students of McHenry County College and will continue to be covered by the blanket liability policy secured by McHenry County College
- McHenry County College does not consider the student an employee of the college or of the employer and does not require Workmen’s Compensation Insurance for the students while participating in the internship.
- Automotive students are actual employees and are covered under Workmen’s Compensation Insurance.