- Buy local, seasonal food directly from a farmer
- Local Harvest - Find Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) near you
- Food Industry Market Maker - Linking Agricultural Markets
- McHenry County Farmers Markets: Algonquin, Cary, Crystal Lake, Harvard, Huntley, Marengo, McHenry and Woodstock
- Prairie Bounty of Illinois - online directory of Illinois-grown products, local farmers markets and agri-tourism businesses
Research assistance, course guides, subject guides, and useful resources compiled by MCC librarians.
- See selected sessions from Great Lakes McHenry County Conferences
- 2008, 2009, 20102, 2011 and 2012 National Bioneers Conference DVDs for loan at MCC library and MCC Sustainability Center. For more information, contact the MCC Sustainability Center at (815) 479-7765.
- Moral Ground with Kathleen Dean Moore at MCC June 20, 2011 - Kathleen Dean Moore toured, speaking with diverse audiences including environmentalists, people of faith and public servants regarding issues raised in the book she and Michael P. Nelson edited; Moral Ground - Ethical Action for a Planet in Peril. She presented at McHenry County College on June 20, 2011. The program was followed by a reception with sponsoring organizations to encourage more connections and networking. This event was co-sponsored by: MCC Student Life, St. Ann's Episcopal Church of Woodstock, McHenry County Bioneers, Environmental Defenders of McHenry County, Land Conservancy of McHenry County, Ridgefield-Crystal Lake Presbyterian Church, First Congregational Church of Crystal Lak,e Green Sanctuary Committee of Unitarian Universalist Church, League of Women Voters of McHenry County, McHenry County Transition, McHenry County Schools Environmental Education Program, Duke's Alehouse and Kitchen, Faith Bridge McHenry County Environmental Alliance. Hosted by: Lou Marchi Total Recycling Institute at MCC.