Every fall, MCC hosts Opening Day - a must-attend opportunity for you to:
- Meet other MCC students and create new connections
- Get to know your MCC faculty and staff
- Sign up for student activities before the fall semester begins
- Enjoy a free welcome breakfast
- Get chances to win an MCC Bookstore gift card
- And more…
Check in (MCC Commons, Building B) – After you check in and find your table, help yourself to a coffee bar with all the fixings, and donuts.
The first 50 new students to check in will receive a Starbucks gift card and be entered into a special drawing for a touchscreen laptop, sponsored by Friends of MCC Foundation. This drawing will take place during the closing session in the MCC Gym. Must be present to win.
Welcome Address (MCC Commons)
Dr. Clint Gabbard, President
Join other new students, and get your questions answered by current students, alumni, and MCC faculty/staff.
Attend three of a variety of sessions hosted by MCC faculty to learn more about your field(s) of interest
If you attend and get a ticket from each of the three breakout sessions, you'll be entered into three drawings: two, $250 MCC Bookstore gift cards; and one, $500 MCC Bookstore gift card. Drawings will take place during the closing session in the MCC Gym. Must be present to win.
Closing Remarks and Drawings (MCC Gym)
Keep this webpage open so you can refer to these instructions and log on to myMCC using the username and password that MCC emailed to you.
- Once you've logged on, select Self-Service.
- Select Student Planning.
- Type "Opening Day" in quotes in the search for courses box
- Select "View Available Sections" and scroll down to see date
- Select Add Section to Schedule.
- Confirm by selecting Add Section.
- Scroll to the top of the page and select Back to Planning Overview.
- Select Go to Plan and Schedule.
- Use the arrows and scroll right to find the term 7/1/18-6/30/19 Con Ed
- Find the section added to your plan. Complete your registration by selecting the Register button to finalize registration. Once you've registered, the class will appear green in your schedule.
- Check your email for a reminder prior to Opening Day.
If you're unable to register online, please contact the Registration office directly at (815) 455-8588 to finalize your registration.