The Gardening Certificate will provide you with an overview of the essentials to grow and maintain garden and landscape plantings of all types. You'll focus on the fundamentals of plant growth, soils, and pest management; along with an overview of specific food crops and ornamental plants. Learn how to work with consumers in all areas of home gardening from planning to care of plants in local garden centers and nurseries. Your work day may consist of:
- helping consumers select plants for specific local sites and conditions.
- caring for plants in nursery, garden center, grounds, or home landscape.
You choose an emphasis through your elective course requirements.
Total Cost of Gardening Certificate
(in-district) Total Amount: $3,424.00
Credit Hours to Complete: 20
Weeks to Complete: 32
What makes MCC's Gardening Certificate program better than or distinct from similar programs at other institutions?
MCC's concise yet comprehensive curriculum prepares you for employment the local home gardening industry including garden retail outlets.
In addition to the Gardening Certificate, we offer:
- Horticulture AAS
- Floral Design Certificate
- Greenhouse Certificate
- Landscape Management Certificate
- Turf and Golf Course Management Certificate
What you need to know about getting your Gardening Certificate (CIP 01.060)
|Additional Gardening Certificate Costs||$1,344.00||$1,344.00||$1,344.00||$1,344.00|
What job opportunities are available to someone with a Gardening Certificate?
|Occupation and Occupational Profile Link||SOC Code|
|Agricultural Sciences Teachers, Postsecondary||25-1041|
|Farmers, Ranchers, and Other Agricultural Managers||11-9013|
|First-Line Supervisors of Landscaping, Lawn Service, and Groundskeeping Workers||37-1012|
How will MCC's Gardening Certificate program prepare me for my career or connect me to opportunities?
Internships may be available in field. This curriculum prepares you for retail positions in local garden centers and nurseries.
By the Numbers:
- Median salaries vary:
- First-Line Supervisors of Landscaping, Lawn Service, and Groundskeeping Workers $42,570
- Farmers, Ranchers, and Other Agricultural Managers $70,110
What have graduates gone on to do?
- Garden consultants
- Garden center and nursery staff; maintain stock and work with consumers in all areas of landscape and garden care
- Develop own specialized gardening businesses
Outside of the Classroom
Already an MCC student?
Interested in getting started at MCC?
Send me more information about this program and MCC.
Ask us to contact you ⇒