All members are required to adhere to the Fitness Center policies. Each participant has a right to exercise in an unobstructed environment. A courteous and cooperative attitude will have a positive affect on productivity.
- Cell phone use is limited to music/video only. Emergency conversations should occur in the privacy of the hallway.
- Maximum safe exercise capacity is 24 people. Entrance will be prohibited when the Fitness Center is at capacity.
- Participants are to be at least 14 years of age. Children are not permitted in the reception area.
- Eating or drinking (except for water) is prohibited.
- Members must wear appropriate attire at all times. Proper clothing is apparel that covers the upper torso, legs and feet.
- Closed toe shoes are needed. (Please, no sandals.)
- Profanity is not allowed.
- Do not disrupt or interfere with the workout of another person.
- Members should wipe-off all equipment, replace free weights to proper storage areas, and reset aerobic devices.
- Appropriate use of free weights includes the following:
- Use collars at all times to secure weights on bars.
- Do not place weight plates directly on floor or lean them against equipment.
- After utilizing equipment, strip bars and return plates and dumbbells to proper storage areas.
- Member must use safety bars when using the power racks for bench press, incline press, military press, decline press, squats, or any other exercise an instructor deems necessary. Set the safety bars about 1 inch lower than your lowest movement with the bar.
- Do not drop dumbbells on the floor for any reason.
- Only Fitness Center instructors are allowed to provide instruction on exercise technique or equipment preparation and adjustments. Personal training of any type is not allowed.
- All participants are to comply with Fitness Center instructor's directives regarding enforcement of policies related to safety, programming, exercise techniques and policies.
- The Fitness Center is not responsible for personal items. Valuables should be secured in lockers in Athletic/Fitness Center locker room for protection. You must bring your own lock and remove it at the end of your workout.
- Fitness Center participants should report all equipment malfunctions, personal injuries and specific concerns immediately to the instructor in charge.
Failure to adhere to any of these policies may result in your immediate and/or permanent ejection and suspension of all rights, including a refund.
If at any time you have questions regarding Fitness Center policy or need any assistance, please contact the instructor on duty.
Important: Read the "Before You Begin" section before signing up for a membership