The Fire Officer I Certificate program prepares you with the knowledge required for managing, instructing, developing tactical strategies and basic fire principles.
Total Cost of Fire Officer I Certificate
(in-district) Total Amount: $3,369.00
Credit Hours to Complete: 21
Weeks to Complete: 64
In addition to the Fire Officer I Certificate, we offer:
- Fire Science AAS
- Firefighter Basic Certificate
- Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic AAS
- Emergency Medical Technician - Ambulance Certificate
- Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic Certificate
What you need to know about getting your Fire Officer I Certificate (CIP 43.020)
|Additional Fire Officer I Certificate Costs||$1,185.00||$1,185.00||$1,185.00||$1,185.00|
What job opportunities are available to someone with a Fire Officer I Certificate?
- Entry level fire service positions
|Occupation and Occupational Profile Link||SOC Code|
|Fire Inspectors and Investigators||33-2021|
|Forest Fire Inspectors and Prevention Specialists||33-2022|
How will MCC's Fire Officer I Certificate program prepare me for my career or connect me to opportunities?
By the Numbers:
- Salary Ranges
- Firefighter $31,180 to $58,440
- Firefighter/EMT $32,180 to $59,440
- Firefighter/Paramedic $33,180 to $60,440
- Job Outlook: Employment of firefighters is expected to grow by 19% between 2008 and 2018. This is faster than the average for most occupations. Most job growth will stem from retirements and volunteer firefighter positions being converted to paid positions.
What have graduates gone on to do?
Outside of the Classroom
Already an MCC student?
Department Chair: (815) 479-7521
Interested in getting started at MCC?
Send me more information about this program and MCC.
Ask us to contact you ⇒