Veteran Education Benefits
The Department of Veterans Affairs administers a variety of education benefit programs. Many veterans and active duty personnel can qualify for more than one education benefits program, including the:
If you would like to use your VA benefits, you must stop in the Office of Financial Aid and Veteran Services, A262, and let us know you have registered for classes.
Fill out this veteran registration form and return to A262.
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill
- Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty (MGIB-AD)
- Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
- Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
- Educational Assistance Test Program (Section 901)
- Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (DEA)
- National Call to Service Program
- Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP)
View current rates for all Federal VA Education Benefit programs.
All Chapters must fill out an application available online at www.gibill.va.gov. To ensure correct processing please provide a copy of your DD-214 and Certificate of Eligibility to the Office of Financial Aid. MCC does not determine benefit eligibility or payment details; we simply certify your enrollment to the VA. All processing questions should be directed to the VA for resolution.
The State of Illinois also administers education benefit programs for Veterans:
Once your application has been processed by the State, you will receive an eligibility letter. Please forward this to the Office of Financial Aid and Veteran Services.
Note: Changes in federal, state, and/or institutional policies could affect the above stated financial information.