Scholarships at MCC
Friends of MCC Foundation Scholarships
The generosity of our donors allows MCC to provide numerous scholarships to students who exhibit academic, merit, financial need, strong leadership and service to their communities. See Friends of MCC scholarship details.
Other Scholarship Opportunities
One (1) $1,000 unrestricted scholarship will be provided by the Garden Center Symposium via general application and will be presented at the 2015 Garden Center Symposium January 21-22, 2015. To apply, go to http://gardencentersymposium.com/scholarship-program-2/. Deadline is December 1, 2014.
Deadline: 12/1/2014Details: http://gardencentersymposium.com/scholarship-program-2/
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarship
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation invites applications for its Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship, the largest private scholarship in the country for community college transfer students. Visit: http://www.jkcf.org/?utm_campaign=FY15%20UT&utm_medium=CC%20Pres%20w%2Fout%20Scholar%20Letter&utm_source=JKCF%20Main
NIU Alumni Association Scholarship
The NIU Alumni Association offers $2,500 merit scholarships to continuing college students who are enrolled full-time at NIU for both the fall and spring semesters ($1,250 each semester). Each applicant is eligible to receive only one Alumni Association scholarship per academic year. Watch this website for application: http://myniu.com/discover/scholarships/
Deadline: 2/2/2015Details: http://myniu.com/discover/scholarships/
Illinois Association of Aggregate Procedures Scholarship
The IAAP Education Foundation will award up to four (4) $2,000 scholarships. These scholarships are a one-year grant. Students may re-apply in subsequent years. The Scholarship Committee reviews the applications and interviews eligible applicants. The application deadline is February 20, 2015 TO APPLY GO TO: http://www.iaap-aggregates.org/education.htm
Deadline: 2/20/2015Details: http://www.iaap-aggregates.org/education.htm
Scholarships Administered by Phi Theta Kappa
Phi Theta Kappa members have access to more than $37 million in scholarships, a benefit unmatched by other honor societies.
Illinois Real Estate Educational Foundation
The Illinois Real Estate Educational Foundation (REEF) awards scholarships to students of real estate and related fields of study at colleges and universities both within and outside Illinois.
ScholarshipExperts.com has been helping parents and student find scholarships and free college money since 2001.
Scholarship Search Resources
MCC also encourages you to explore outside scholarship resources such as private scholarships offered by employers, religious organizations, community-based organizations, foundations, companies, and many others.
We recommend the following resources to find various scholarship search web sites and more information on applying for scholarships while avoiding scholarship scams.
- General information about financial aid – www.collegezone.com
- Scholarships, loans, military aid – www.finaid.org
- Minority students/Bill and Melinda Gates – www.gmsp.org
- Early Childhood Program – www.inccrra.org
- Various divisions of the American Cancer Society offer students with a history of cancer a scholarship program to help them achieve their academic goals (800) ACS-2345.
- AmeriCorps has three programs of community service that require a ten month to one year full-time commitment and will then award an educational grant for schooling or replaying student loans (800) 942-2677.
- Cancer scholarships offer students and their families who are survivors searching for ways to afford a college education may receive some assistance by researching this website.
- Illinois Leading source for Scholarship Money
- Undergraduate scholarship
- Understanding Your Financial Aid Options – Looking for more great tips and resources? Checkout this website with a video library and financial aid dictionary.
- Latino College Dollars
- Get scholarship updates at StudentScholarships.org - http://www.studentscholarships.org/2014scholarships.php
- Don't know where to start or how to start looking for scholarships? Go to: http://www.thesimpledollar.com/college-scholarship-guide for great tips!
- Check out this great website for 600+ scholarships! Go to: http://www.bestcolleges.com/database
- Paying for Nursing school, go to: http://www.rntobsn.org/financial-assistance for information, resources and many great scholarships!