Scholarships at MCC
Friends of MCC Foundation Scholarships
The generosity of our donors allows MCC to provide numerous scholarships to students who exhibit academic, merit, financial need, strong leadership and service to their communities. See Friends of MCC scholarship details.
Other Scholarship Opportunities
Rotary District 6440 Vocational Scholarship
Scholarship grants in the amount of $1,500 each will be awarded to support educational programs preparing students for vocational or technical careers attainable with less than a four-year degree. Grants will be limited to an Associate Degree or equivalent certification program. For details and deadlines go to http://learn.woodstockschools.org/sites/default/files/teachinglearning/document/VocationalScholarshipApplication2013.pdf
Friends of Moraine Hills State Park Scholarship
The Friends of Moraine Hills State Park are offering $1000 scholarships to two 2014 high school graduates entering the field of environmental studies. In order to be ELIGIBLE go to: http://friendsofmorainehillsstatepark.org/news/scholarship.html.
Deadline: 4/30/2014Details: http://friendsofmorainehillsstatepark.org/news/scholarship.html
Legacy for Health Scholarship
Applications are now being accepted for the Dr. Alma S. Adams Scholarship for Outreach and Health Communications to Reduce Tobacco Use Among Priority Populations. Check it out at http://www.legacyforhealth.org/get-involved/awards-scholarships/dr.-alma-s.-adams-scholarships. Deadline is April 30, 2014.
Deadline: 4/30/2014Details: http://www.legacyforhealth.org/get-involved/awards-scholarships/dr.-alma-s.-adams-scholarships
Advocate Good Shpherd Hospital Scholarship
This scholarship aids students majoring in a Health Care Professional field who reside in the hospital service area. Applications are available in February and the deadline for submittal of the completed application including current references, transcripts, and proof of acceptance into a Health Care Professional program is April 30th. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of attitude and desire toward education, leadership, citizenship, personality, and financial need. Go to http://www.advocatehealth.com/gshp/scholarships for more details and application. Deadline is April 30, 2014
Deadline: 4/30/2014Details: http://www.advocatehealth.com/gshp/scholarships
HR Payroll Systems
HRPayrollSystems.net, a website managed by Lucerna, LLC is happy to award one $1,000 scholarship to a college student who has demonstrated scholastic achievement and a commitment to a career in human resources. Find out more at:http://www.hrpayrollsystems.net/hr-scholarship/
Deadline: 4/30/2014Details: http://www.hrpayrollsystems.net/hr-scholarship/
Mass Mutual Financial Group Scholarship MGT Services
A national scholarship program for high achieving college students interested in pursuing careers in the insurance and financial services industry. Apply at https://massmutual.scholarsapply.org/
Deadline: 5/2/2014Details: https://massmutual.scholarsapply.org/
The Illinois Comm College Faculty ASC
The ICCFA awards up to six $1000 scholarships for the 2014-2015 academic year. To qualify, go to http://iccfa.org/
applications must be submitted no later than August 1, 2014
scholarship recipients will be announced in September 2014
Deadline: 8/1/2014Details: http://iccfa.org/
Scholarships Administered by Phi Theta Kappa
Phi Theta Kappa members have access to more than $37 million in scholarships, a benefit unmatched by other honor societies.
Illinois Real Estate Educational Foundation
The Illinois Real Estate Educational Foundation (REEF) awards scholarships to students of real estate and related fields of study at colleges and universities both within and outside Illinois.
ScholarshipExperts.com has been helping parents and student find scholarships and free college money since 2001.
Scholarship Search Resources
MCC also encourages you to explore outside scholarship resources such as private scholarships offered by employers, religious organizations, community-based organizations, foundations, companies, and many others.
We recommend the following resources to find various scholarship search web sites and more information on applying for scholarships while avoiding scholarship scams.
- General information about financial aid - www.collegezone.com
- Scholarships, loans, military aid - www.finaid.org
- Minority students/Bill and Melinda Gates - www.gmsp.org
- Early Childhood Program - www.inccrra.org
- Various divisions of the American Cancer Society offer students with a history of cancer a scholarship program to help them achieve their academic goals (800) ACS-2345.
- AmeriCorps has three programs of community service that require a ten month to one year full-time commitment and will then award an educational grant for schooling or replaying student loans (800) 942-2677.
- Cancer scholarships offer students and their families who are survivors searching for ways to afford a college education may receive some assistance by researching this website.
- Illinois Leading source for Scholarship Money
- Undergraduate scholarship
- Latino College Dollars
- Get Scholarship Updates at StudentScholarships.org In order to receive information about new scholarships that become available throughout the year you should Register for a Free Account. It's Fast and Easy. Go to http://www.studentscholarships.org/2014scholarships.php and follow the instructions.
- Don't know where to start or how to start looking for scholarships? Go to: http://www.thesimpledollar.com/college-scholarship-guide/ for great tips!