Friends of MCC Foundation Scholarships
The generosity of our donors allows MCC to provide numerous scholarships to students who exhibit academic, merit, financial need, strong leadership and service to their communities. See Friends of MCC scholarship details.
McHenry Garden Club Scholarship
The McHenry Garden Club awards Scholarships to McHenry graduating seniors pursuing study in the fields of landscape architecture, horticulture, botany, forestry, agriculture, or environmental science. Other fields of interests are given consideration if the applicant demonstrates interest in pursuing ecological fields of study. Applications are now being accepted for the 2105 Scholarship. Applications must be received by April 1, 2015. Apply at http://mchenrygardenclub.com/civic-projects/scholarships
Deadline: 4/15/2015Details: http://mchenrygardenclub.com/civic-projects/scholarships
Rotary Club of Crystal Lake Dawnbreakers
The Rotary Club of Crystal Lake is offering scholarship grants in the amount of $1000.00. Go to http://www.cldawnbreakers.org/ and scroll down. Deadline is April 15, 2015.
Deadline: 4/15/2015Details: http://www.cldawnbreakers.org/
Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital
This scholarship aids students majoring in a Health Care Professional field who reside in the hospital service area. Go to: http://www.advocatehealth.com/gshp/scholarships for application & details. Deadline: April 30, 2015.
Deadline: 4/30/2015Details: http://www.advocatehealth.com/gshp/scholarships/
Henry County Soil and Water Scholarship
The Henry County Natural Area Guardians, a sub-committee of the Henry County Soil and Water Conservation District, will offer one (1) $500 scholarship to a college student presently in their sophomore or junior year at an institution of higher learning who is pursuing a career in the area of conservation and/or the environment. Deadline is May 4, 2015. Application PDF may be downloaded at: http://www.cod.edu/dept/fin_aid/scholarships/Medley_11.pdf
Deadline: 5/4/2015Details: http://www.cod.edu/dept/fin_aid/scholarships/Medley_11.pdf
Veterans Mesothelioma Cancer Awareness Scholarship
Mesothelioma.net will be offering a $1,000 scholarship to students who are either seniors in high school or freshmen or sophomores in college. The scholarship is intended to help defray the costs of attending college. Go to: http://mesothelioma.net/scholarship-guidelines/ for application and details. Deadline is May 31, 2015.
Deadline: 5/31/2015Details: http://mesothelioma.net/scholarship-guidelines/
Chicago Injury Center's Annual Scholarship Fund For Disabled Veterans
Chicago Injury Center believes in helping those who have courageously served our country. Education has the ability to give those who have suffered a physical or emotional injury the ability to gain access to a society that they may be ordinarily shut off from without a sufficient education. Go to: http://chicagoinjurycenter.com/cic-veteran-scholarship-fund/ deadline is June 1, 2015
Deadline: 6/1/2015Details: http://chicagoinjurycenter.com/cic-veteran-scholarship-fund/
Scholarships Administered by Phi Theta Kappa
Phi Theta Kappa members have access to more than $37 million in scholarships, a benefit unmatched by other honor societies.
Illinois Real Estate Educational Foundation
The Illinois Real Estate Educational Foundation (REEF) awards scholarships to students of real estate and related fields of study at colleges and universities both within and outside Illinois.
ScholarshipExperts.com has been helping parents and student find scholarships and free college money since 2001.
MCC also encourages you to explore outside scholarship resources such as private scholarships offered by employers, religious organizations, community-based organizations, foundations, companies, and many others.
We recommend the following resources to find various scholarship search web sites and more information on applying for scholarships while avoiding scholarship scams.
- General information about financial aid – www.collegezone.com
- Scholarships, loans, military aid – www.finaid.org
- Minority students/Bill and Melinda Gates – www.gmsp.org
- Early Childhood Program – www.inccrra.org
- Various divisions of the American Cancer Society offer students with a history of cancer a scholarship program to help them achieve their academic goals (800) ACS-2345.
- AmeriCorps has three programs of community service that require a ten month to one year full-time commitment and will then award an educational grant for schooling or replaying student loans (800) 942-2677.
- Cancer scholarships offer students and their families who are survivors searching for ways to afford a college education may receive some assistance by researching this website.
- Illinois Leading source for Scholarship Money
- Undergraduate scholarship
- Understanding Your Financial Aid Options – Looking for more great tips and resources? Checkout this website with a video library and financial aid dictionary.
- Latino College Dollars
- Get scholarship updates at StudentScholarships.org - http://www.studentscholarships.org/2014scholarships.php
- Don't know where to start or how to start looking for scholarships? Go to: http://www.thesimpledollar.com/college-scholarship-guide for great tips!
- Check out this great website for 600+ scholarships! Go to: http://www.bestcolleges.com/database
- Paying for Nursing school, go to: http://www.rntobsn.org/financial-assistance for information, resources and many great scholarships!