The generosity of our donors allows MCC to provide numerous scholarships to students who exhibit academic, merit, financial need, strong leadership and service to their communities. See Friends of MCC scholarship details ».
IRTA Foundation Scholarship
The Illinois Retired Teachers Association Foundation is offering an opportunity for educational expenses at: http://www.irtaonline.org/Scholarship.aspx.
NORTHWESTERN MEMORIAL FOUNDATION
Each year, Marianjoy proudly awards scholarships to students with disabilites to help them pursue educational programs at accredited two or four-year colleges and universities, or vocational technical schools in the United States.
2019 American Spirit Scholarship
The Fox River Valley Chapter, National Society Daughters of the American Revolution, is proud to announce a new scholarship recognizing one deserving local high school senior or college student who has demonstrated outstanding service to community, school or church through their volunteer work. (This work should not be required hours of service for scouts or school.) One $1,000 award will be presented to a student wishing to further their education at an institution of higher learning. Financial need and GPA is not considered as this scholarship is meant to embrace the spirit of volunteerism, one of the fundamental cornerstones of our organization.
Illinois Association for College Admission Counseling
The Illinois Association for College Admission Counseling is an organization of counseling professionals dedicated to serving students as they explore options and make choices about pursuing postsecondary education. Check out their webpage for more information.
Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital Scholarship
This scholarship aids students majoring in a Health Care Professional field who reside in the hospital service area. Applications are available in February and the deadline for submittal of the completed application including current references, transcripts, and proof of acceptance into a Health Care Professional program is in early April. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of attitude and desire toward education, leadership, citizenship, personality, and financial need.
FMS Finance Award
Presented annually, the FMS Finance and Accounting Scholarship will award one (1) $5,000 scholarship to an eligible college student majoring in an accounting or finance-related field. This scholarship is a non-renewable scholarship.
MedEvac Foundation International
Children who have lost a parent or had a parent seriously injured in an air medical or critical care ground transport accident are eligible for financial assistance through the MedEvac Foundation International's Children's Scholarship Fund.
Illinois Real Estate Educational Foundation
The Illinois Real Estate Educational Foundation (REEF) awards scholarships to students of real estate and related fields of study at colleges and universities both within and outside Illinois.
ScholarshipExperts.com has been helping parents and student find scholarships and free college money since 2001.
MCC also encourages you to explore outside scholarship resources such as private scholarships offered by employers, religious organizations, community-based organizations, foundations, companies, and many others.
We recommend the following resources to find various scholarship search web sites and more information on applying for scholarships while avoiding scholarship scams.
- Disability Scholarships A-to-Z
An online directory of scholarships for students with disabilities. To find a scholarship, select one of the disabilities listed in the left column or type the disability into the search field. Go to: http://www.dsaz.org/ to get started!
- Best Colleges.com
Find in-depth guides for studying smarter so that you can get the most out of your college education. Regardless of where you choose to enroll, it’s wise to plan how you will cover the cost. Explore your options for financing your education. Go to: http://www.bestcolleges.com/
- Looking to the future? Go to http://www.discoverbusiness.us/education/online-mba/ for great information & tips about MBA programs.
- General information about financial aid – www.collegezone.com
- Scholarships, loans, military aid – www.finaid.org
- Minority students/Bill and Melinda Gates – www.gmsp.org
- Early Childhood Program – www.inccrra.org
- Various divisions of the American Cancer Society offer students with a history of cancer a scholarship program to help them achieve their academic goals (800) ACS-2345.
- AmeriCorps has three programs of community service that require a ten month to one year full-time commitment and will then award an educational grant for schooling or replaying student loans (800) 942-2677.
- Cancer scholarships offer students and their families who are survivors searching for ways to afford a college education may receive some assistance by researching this website.
- Illinois Leading source for Scholarship Money
- Undergraduate scholarship
- Understanding Your Financial Aid Options – Looking for more great tips and resources? Checkout this website with a video library and financial aid dictionary.
- Latino College Dollars
- Get scholarship updates at StudentScholarships.org - http://www.studentscholarships.org/2014scholarships.php
- Don't know where to start or how to start looking for scholarships? Go to: http://www.thesimpledollar.com/college-scholarship-guide for great tips!
- Paying for Nursing school, go to: http://www.rntobsn.org/financial-assistance for information, resources and many great scholarships!
- Interested in Culinary? Check out this website for all kinds of great tips and information: http://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/culinary-schools/financial-aid-scholarships/
- Need Scholarship information for Firescience? Check out this website for tips & information for firescience: http://www.firescience.org/fire-and-forestry-scholarships/