Fall 2018 tuition is due July 10 by 7 p.m.
You may still register after July 10, but you must pay in full, have financial aid applied, or enroll in the Nelnet payment plan the same day, or you may be dropped from your classes.
2018/19 FAFSA has been available since October 1, 2017, for financial aid applications for the 2018/19 award year. File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.ed.gov using your 2016 taxes. Use the convenient IRS Data Retrieval Tool to import your tax information.
- Registration for FA18 is open! Choose your classes and register today!!! After you register for classes, please allow 48 hours for the Office of Financial Aid to evaluate your classes to make sure they’re part of the degree/certificate you’re pursuing. If they are financial aid eligible, your financial aid will post toward your tuition/fees. You can check your balance in your myMCC account 48 hours after registering.
- There's still time to apply for financial aid for FA18! Complete your 2018/19 FAFSA at fafsa.ed.gov. Make sure all your paperwork has been turned in and your file completed by the end of June so your financial aid can be applied to your tuition/fees.
- Plan ahead! Register to attend a Student Loan Workshop for new borrowers for FA18:
- Thursday, June 28, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., A117
- Monday, July 9, 15, 2:30 to 3:30 p.m., A117
- Wednesday, July 25, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., A117
- Tuesday, August 7, 2:30 to 3:30 p.m., A117
- Register at www.mchenry.edu/loanrequest. Space is limited.
- SU18 Disbursement Dates
Please allow up to two weeks for processing of the disbursement before the funds are sent to your BankMobile Vibe option.
- 6/5/18 First loan disbursement, scholarship and veteran benefits
- 6/21/18 First-time Borrower loan disbursement. Second loan disbursement, scholarships, veteran benefits (for classes that started 5/17/17)
- 7/2/18 Pell disbursement and second loan disbursement
- 7/9/18 Final cleanup of any late or outstanding financial aid awards
- 8/9/18 End of SU18 semester
- MCC is closed on Wednesday, July 4th, in observance of the Fourth of July holiday.
- Thursday, August 8 - Summer classes end
- Thursday, August 16 - Opening Day for New Students
- Friday, August 17 - First official day of FA17 semester
- Monday, August 20 - First full week of classes
- Federal financial aid will only pay for classes that count toward completion of the academic program that you are pursuing. Your academic program must be current in our system in order for your financial aid to transmit.
- Check your current academic program at www.mchenry.edu/myMCC > Self-Service > Student Planning.
- All changes to an academic degree or certificate program, including the catalog year, may impact your financial aid. Consult with an academic advisor to complete the Academic Program Change form if your degree is not current. (Note: You may not change your academic program if you are Maximum Time Frame). Make changes to an academic degree or certificate program by notifying the Registration Office, A258, or by calling (815) 479-7632.
- To ensure that all the classes for which you are registered count toward completion of your academic program, complete your Program Evaluation at www.mchenry.edu/myMCC > Self-Service > Student Planning. Select your program.
- Check your current balance at www.mchenry.edu/myMCC > Self-Service > Student Finance > Account Activity.