Get your ducks in a row
2017/18 FAFSA has been available since October 1, 2016, for financial aid applications for the 2017-18 award year. File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using your 2015 taxes. Early FAFSA Information »
- There’s still time to apply for financial aid for 2016-2017! Complete your FAFSA at fafsa.ed.gov. Use the convenient IRS Data Retrieval Tool to import your tax information.
- Plan ahead! Student Loan Workshop for Spring 2017:
- Thursday, November 17, 1 to 2 p.m., A113
- Register at www.mchenry.edu/loanrequest. Space is limited.
- November 15 – Late loans, late Pell, scholarships, veteran disbursements. Please allow two weeks for credit balance refunds to be processed.
- November 23-27 – College closed for Thanksgiving break.
- Registration for Spring 2017 is now open! Register early for the best selection of classes. After you register for classes, please allow 24 hours for the Office of Financial Aid to evaluate your classes to make sure they’re part of the degree/certificate you’re pursuing. If they are financial aid eligible, your financial aid will post toward your tuition/fees. You can check your balance in your myMCC account 24 hours after registering.
- Federal financial aid will only pay for classes that pertain to the academic program that you're pursuing. Your academic program must be current in our system in order for your financial aid to transmit.
- Check your current academic program at www.mchenry.edu/myMCC > My Toolbox > Student Menu > Academics > Student Planning and Registration.
- All changes to an academic degree or certificate program, including the catalog year, may impact your financial aid. Please consult with an academic advisor to complete the Academic Program Change form if your degree is not current. (Note: You may not change your academic program if you are Maximum Time Frame). You can also make changes to an academic degree or certificate program by notifying the Registration Office, A258, or by calling (815) 479-7632.
- To ensure that all your classes for which you are registered pertain to the academic program you are pursuing, you can complete a Program Evaluation at www.mchenry.edu/myMCC > My Toolbox > Student Menu > Academics > Student Planning and Registration > Under the “Programs” column, select your program
- You can check your current balance at www.mchenry.edu/myMCC > Student Menu > Financial Info > View My Account or Make a Full Payment > Student Finance > Account Activity > Choose a Term > Expand All.