Applying for Financial Aid
Every year you must reapply for financial aid. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the application that determines eligibility for federal and state student grants, work-study and loan programs. The application is at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Complete the 2014-2015 FAFSA if you're attending courses that begin on or after July 1, 2014. This will apply to Fall 2014, Spring 2015, and Summer 2015 semesters.
- Information from your 2013 tax return(s) will be used for this application.
- Both student (and parent, if dependent) will need to obtain a PIN in order to sign the application; you may request a pin at www.pin.ed.gov.
- Designate McHenry County College as the recipient of the information; our federal school code is 007691.
Once the FAFSA application processes, the Office of Financial Aid will review the results and communicate the next steps that are required for eligibility. If you are unable to complete the FAFSA application or believe that you have special circumstances that should be included in your funding evaluation please contact the Office of Financial Aid for assistance.
- To view your current balance:
- Log on to myMCC
- Click on “Financial Info” from My Toolbox
- Click on “View Account and Make a Full Payment”
* Illinois residents are encouraged to use estimated tax figures to complete their FAFSA application as early as possible due to limited funding for the State of Illinois MAP grant program.