For students who began at MCC in the summer of 2014 or later - If you are seeking an AA, AS, AFA, AES, or AGE degree, you will be required to complete an E-Portfolio. The purpose of the E-Portfolio is to ensure that students complete graded work in all five of the General Education goals. The E-Portfolio is a replacement of the ACT CAAP Test . In addition, the E-Portfolio allows the college to assess student achievements in these areas and develop transformations in course design, teaching methods, textbooks, and scheduling to improve the college’s offerings.
Who Should Build an E-Portfolio
- Any new student as of Summer 2014
- Any student planning to graduate from MCC with an Associate's Degree
E-Portfolio Graduation Requirements
- You must place five items in your E-Portfolio
- Each item must represent the best work in one of MCC's five general education goals. (below)
- You must write a cover letter that explains how your work represents these goals.
- Only graded work is allowed for the graduation E-Portfolio.
- Save more than one item for each goal, and when applying for graduation, the extra items can be discarded.
MCC General Education Goals
- Critical Thinking:
- Identify, define, analyze, synthesize, interpret, and evaluate ideas.
- Information Literacy:
- Locate, evaluate and use resources effectively.
- Effective Communication:
- Develop, articulate and convey meaning.
- Ethical Awareness:
- Identify and make responsible choices in a diverse world.
- Technological Literacy:
- Purposefully integrate technology toward an educational goal.
Save Your Work
Start building your e-portfolio now!