For students who graduate spring 2016 or later - If you are seeking an AA, AS, AFA, AES, AGE, or AAS in Accounting degree, you will be required to complete an E-Portfolio. The purpose of the E-Portfolio is to ensure that students complete graded work in all five of the General Education goals. In addition, the E-Portfolio allows the college to assess student achievements in these areas and develop transformations in course design, teaching methods, textbooks, and scheduling to improve the college’s offerings.
E-Portfolio Graduation Requirements
- You must place five items in your E-Portfolio
- Each item must represent the best work in one of MCC's five general education goals. (below)
- You must write a cover letter that explains how your work represents these goals.
- Only graded work is allowed for the graduation E-Portfolio.
- Save more than one item for each goal, and when applying for graduation, choose the best items and discard the others.
MCC General Education Goals
- Critical Thinking:
- Identify, define, analyze, synthesize, interpret, and evaluate ideas.
- Information Literacy:
- Locate, evaluate and use resources effectively.
- Effective Communication:
- Develop, articulate and convey meaning.
- Ethical Awareness:
- Identify and make responsible choices in a diverse world.
- Technological Literacy:
- Purposefully integrate technology toward an educational goal.
Save Your Work
Start building your e-portfolio now!