Your E-Portfolio Project
If you're seeking an AA, AS, AFA, AES, or AGE, you're required to complete an E-Portfolio. The purpose of the E-Portfolio is to ensure that students complete graded work in all five of the General Education goals. In addition, the E-Portfolio allows the college to assess student achievements in these areas and develop transformations in course design, teaching methods, textbooks, and scheduling to improve the college's offerings.
Need help? We've compiled a list of frequently asked questions about the E-Portfolio requirement and we've scheduled workshops to meet with you in person. Bring a flash drive with MCC coursework to be included in your portfolio.
Attend an E-portfolio Workshop
- November 26 from noon to 1 p.m. in A104
- November 29 from 5 to 6 p.m. in A104
- December 5 from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. in E106
- December 7 from 10 to 11 a.m. in A104
Bring your course work with you on a flash drive.
If you've attended one of our E-Portfolio workshops, please fill out our survey
- You must place five items in your E-Portfolio
- Each item must represent the best work in one of MCC's general education goals.
- You must write a cover letter that explains how your work represents these goals.
- Only graded work is allowed for the graduation E-Portfolio.
- Save more than one item for each goal, and when applying for graduation, choose the best items and discard the others.
General Education Goals for use in 2018 E-Portfolios
- Critical Thinking: To identify, define, analyze, synthesize, interpret, and evaluate ideas.
- Information Literacy: To locate, evaluate, and use resources effectively.
- Effective Communication: To develop, articulate, and convey meaning.
- Ethical Awareness: To identify and make responsible choices in a diverse world.
- Technological Literacy: Purposefully integrate technology toward an educational goal.
Start building your e-portfolio in Canvas now!