The McHenry County College Board of Trustees has three seats open for new board members for the April 9, 2013 Consolidated Election. According to the Illinois Public Community College Act—whether filling a vacancy or running for election, all candidates for the position must meet the following eligibility requirements. A candidate must be:
- A U.S. Citizen
- A resident of the community college district (MCC District #528)
- At least 18 years of age
Petitions for McHenry County College trustee candidates will be available from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. beginning September 25 at McHenry County College – Office of the President, Room A233, at McHenry County College, 8900 U. S. Highway 14, Crystal Lake, IL 60012-2738.
Candidacy petition filing starts at 8 a.m. on Monday, December 17 and ends at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, December 26. Petitions will be accepted from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. in Room A233 on December 17 through 21 and on December 26 from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. in Room B176.
Petitions for April 2013 Consolidated Election
The following candidates have submitted petitions to run for the office of McHenry County College Trustee in the April 9, 2013 Consolidated Elections:
- Erik Sivertsen, McHenry, IL, received December 26, 2012
- Thomas Wilbeck, Lakewood, IL, received December 26, 2012
- Chris Jenner, Cary, IL, received December 26, 2012
- Barbara Walters, McHenry, IL, received December 26, 2012
- Molly Walsh, Crystal Lake, received December 21
- William Scott Alford, Wonder Lake, received December 19
- Carol Larson, Harvard, received December 17
- Mike Smith, Village of Lakewood, received December 17
- Arne Waltmire, McHenry, received December 17
Simultaneous Filing Lottery Notice
Candidates who filed petitions on December 17, 2012 at 8 a.m. will be placed in a simultaneous petition filing lottery to determine ballot placement for the April 9, 2013 Consolidated Election.
The lottery will be held Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 10 a.m. in the President's Office, Room A-233, at the College, 8900 US Highway 14, Crystal Lake, IL.
For more information about the benefits of becoming a community college board member, visit the Illinois Community College Trustees Association (ICCTA) website at: www.communitycolleges.org or read more at: www.communitycolleges.org/candidatebrochure.pdf .