Business Management Proficiency Exams
Proficiency Exams offered
- BUS 145 – Business Applications of Mathematics
- BUS 150 – Introduction to Business
- BUS 155 – Business Communication
Before you start, you should know...
- There is a $25 fee for each proficiency exam payable in Registration (A258).
- Exams take approximately two to three hours.
- Most exams require a written exam and hands-on demonstration.
- No books, materials or cell phones can be brought to exams.
- The business chair or instructor will grade your exam. Then the Records office will mail your results to you in about five to seven business days. (Verify with the enrollment processor that we have your current address and contact information in our system to ensure that you receive your results.)
- You must score 80% or better on a proficiency exam to receive credit.
- You may take each proficiency exam only one time.
The Proficiency Exam Process
- Pick up a Proficiency Exam Form from Registration (A258).
- There are five parts to the form. Fill out parts one and two with the assistance of the enrollment processor in Registration. Once you have paid your $25 fee, the enrollment processor will complete part four of the form.
- Schedule an appointment for your exam
with the Testing Center. (815) 455-8984
- Business exams are given Mondays and Thursdays.
- Bring your form with you to the exam.