Great Lakes Bioneers Videos
Please note that you will be leaving MCC's website to view the following videos.
National Bioneers DVDs available in MCC Sustainability Center.
- "Towards an Economics of Shared Prosperity in a Finite World"
Dr. Jon Erickson, Professor of Ecological Economics, University of Vermont
- Plus National Bioneers DVD "Restoring People and the Planet: Overview of National Bioneers Conference"
- "Engaging in Transformation"
Dr. Nancy Tuchman, Director of the Institute of Urban Environmental Sustainability, Loyola University
- Plus National Bioneers DVD "The Climate Gets Hotter" presented by Bill McKibben, 350.org
- "Building Bridges With Food"
Linda Mallers, FarmLogix
- Plus National Bioneers DVD "Flavas of a Whole Community: Ingredients for Food Access in Historically Under-Invested Communities," presented by Nikki Henderson, People's Grocery
- "Fracking 101: What, Where, and WHY?"
Jack Darin, Executive Director of Illinois Sierra Club
- Plus National Bioneers DVD "The Whole Fracking Enchilada" presented by Sandra Steingraber
Keynote Speaker: Bill Wilson, Midwest Permaculture Center
- Food - How It's All Connected Jim Braun, Coordinator IL Local Food, Farms and Jobs Council
- Bioenergy in Sweden and The Smart Grid in Chicago Robert Vogl of the Illinois Renewable Energy Association and Delmar Gillus of the Center for Neighborhood Technology
- Innovative Institutions - a discussion Megan Davern, Farm Manager; Scott Commings, Executive Chef, Loyola University, Retreat and Ecology Campus; Wes King, Illinois Stewardship Alliance
- How to Make Local Food Happen: The Big Picture The Future of Local Food by Gary Tomlin, former Director of Knox Co. Economic Development Council
- Energy Efficiency Resources for Your Family
- Anthony Stonis, Building Energy Experts, energy audits for homes and small businesses
- How to choose a more efficient model for your next vehicle purchase
- Global Climate Disruption A discussion of the Transition Town movement's response to climate change and peak oil by panelists Doug Close, Kim Willis and Margaret Fox-Hawthorne http://mchenrycountytransition.ning.com
- Healthy Food in Schools Warren King, Seven Generations Ahead "Fresh from the Farm" school project; Melissa Ritter, Heartland Flavors Ltd. ; Chef Zak Dolezal, Dukes Alehouse and Kitchen
- Greening of the Faith Community Rev. Clare Butterfield, Executive Director of Faith in Place; Rabbi Maralee Gordon, McHenry Co. Jewish Congregation
2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 National Bioneers Conference DVDs available for loan at MCC Library. For more information, call the MCC Sustainability Center at (815) 479-7765