2018 Distinguished Alumni Awards
On Thursday, May 3, 2018, the Friends of MCC Foundation will host the 2018 MCC Distinguished Alumni Award Reception and Ceremony.
These distinguished alumni are among a growing list of community college alumni throughout the U.S. who include renowned, doctors, business leaders, artists, government leaders, athletes and scientists. MCC’s distinguished alumni are evidence of community colleges serving as educational stepping stones for students toward successful careers.
The Distinguished Alumni Award recognizes the accomplishments of MCC alumni who have demonstrated exceptional achievement in their chosen profession and have made a positive impact on their community.
Criteria for Candidate Nomination:
- attended McHenry County College and completed a minimum of 3 credit hours.
- has achieved success of an exceptional nature within their chosen field or profession.
- has made a positive impact on his/her community, through leadership and/or active volunteering.
- agrees to be present to accept the award the Distinguished Alumni Reception held on MCC’s campus in May of 2018.
- The candidate agrees to return to campus at least once within the year (in addition to accepting the award) to be a guest speaker and/or participate in a student engagement activity.
If you have any questions about the Distinguished Alumni Awards, please contact Brian DiBona at (815) 479-7510.