The preadmission test is the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS®). No other nursing preadmission exam scores will be considered.
- Create an account at the ATI website to get your TEAS® testing ID number. Note: You will find Create an Account in the upper right corner of the page. Do not attempt to register for a test. Simply create an account and print out the page with your ID number.
- Pay a $50 non-refundable testing fee in Registration (A258). You will receive a receipt.
- TEAS appointments may be made in the Testing Center. Take the receipt, your MCC Student ID number and the TEAS® ID number to the Testing Center (A245) to register for testing. You'll receive additional instructions when you schedule your appointment in the Testing Center.
Bring a current, signed government-issued photo ID to testing. The only acceptable IDs are:
- military ID
- government or state ID card
- driver’s license
- alien residency (green) card
If you don’t have one of these, you can obtain one at the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Late arrivals will not be allowed to take the exam and will not receive a refund of the $35 fee.
- The TEAS® was developed to measure basic essential skills in reading, mathematics, science and English and language usage.
- The TEAS® is a 170-item, four-option, multiple-choice assessment.
- Three hours and twenty-nine minutes are allotted for the actual testing.
- It is administered in a paper and pencil format.
- To do well on the TEAS®, you should have completed most of the supportive courses, especially the science courses, prior to testing.
- Study guides are available in the bookstore.
- The study guide and online practice tests may be purchased online at www.atitesting.com/onlinestore. They are not available at any library.