The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS®) is used as a pre-admission test for the McHenry County College Nursing Program. No other nursing preadmission exam scores will be considered.
Print and keep these handy instruction sheets for your reference:
The next TEAS sessions at McHenry County College will be in the Testing Center, Room A245, with a maximum of 8 seats per session. The dates are:
- Thursday, October 1 at noon. Registration deadline Friday, September 25
- Saturday, October 3 at 8 a.m. Registration deadline Friday, September 25
- Friday, October 9 at noon. Registration deadline, Friday, October 2
- Create an account at the ATI website to get your TEAS® testing ID number. Note: You will find Create an Account in the upper right corner of the page. Do not attempt to register for a test. Simply create an account, select McHenry County College as your institution and print out the page with your ID number.
- A non-refundable $65 fee must be paid in person at the Registration Office, A258,beginning August 31, 2015. You will receive a receipt.
- Take the receipt, your MCC Student ID number and the TEAS® ID number to the Testing Center, A245, to register for testing. You'll receive additional instructions when you schedule your appointment in the Testing Center.
- The above-mentioned dates are open to MCC students only at this time
- It is the student’s responsibility to register for the exam
- Late registrations will not be allowed
- There will be NO REFUNDS once the student has registered
- You cannot withdrawal or cancel your registration for the TEAS
- If you arrive late you will not be permitted to take the TEAS and will forfeit your registration fee
- There is an optional ten minute break during this time period. Students who are late returning from break will not be allowed to continue the test. Students may leave once the fourth exam is complete.
- A current, signed government-issued photo ID to testing. The only acceptable IDs are:
- driver’s license
- government or state ID card
- military ID
- alien residency (green) card
If you don’t have driver's license or state ID, you can obtain one at the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Your MCC ID number
- Your ATI username and password
- Two sharpened #2 pencils
- Failure to bring a your ATI username and password will invalidate your test appointment
- Anyone without proper identification will not be allowed to test
- Late arrivals will not be allowed to test
- No food or drinks are permitted during the exam
- Personal calculators are not allowed
- Please leave personal belongings and cellphones in your vehicles, if possible
- The TEAS® is comprised of four individual exams in the following areas: Reading, Mathematics, Science, and English.
- Four hours to five hours are allotted for the actual testing.
- Online format using the ATI (Assessment Technologies Institute, L.L.C.) website
- Proctored, timed assessment format (which means you cannot go back or review previously answered questions. Skipped questions will counted as incorrect).
- To do well on the TEAS®, you should have completed most of the supportive courses, especially the science courses, prior to testing.
Any other details I need to know about?
Late arrivals will not be allowed to take the exam and will not receive a refund of the $55 fee.