- All applicants are encouraged to attend a nursing student information session. These are generally scheduled monthly. See nursing information session schedule.
- You must have an MCC student I.D. number to apply to the nursing program and for preadmission testing. If you've never attended MCC as a credit student, apply now and pay your $15 fee online or at the Registration Office (A258).
- Complete and submit the AAS in Nursing Program Application.
- The application deadline is March 15. Fall semester enrollment only.
- If you've taken any general education or support courses at another institution, submit an official copy of transcript from that college to the admissions office. Ask that the transcript be reviewed for the nursing program. We highly recommended that official transcripts and your evaluation request be submitted by October 15. See transcript evaluation information.
- See preadmission testing dates and procedures.
- If you're not accepted into the program, you must reapply for the following year. We will not maintain a waiting list. You will not have to retake the preadmission assessment test (TEAS®).
- If you wish to retake the preadmission assessment test (TEAS®), you may only retake it once. Your last score will be used in the application process.
MCC will be mailing nursing program acceptance letters
The number of students admitted into the nursing program each fall is limited; therefore, admission is extremely competitive. The screening process is designed to select the most academically qualified students and will take into consideration the TEAS® score along with the general education and support courses cumulative GPA. All general education and support courses must be completed prior to admission into the program.
- proof of a recent physical exam
- proof of current immunizations
- two-step TB test
- drug screen*
- copy of your personal health insurance card
- background check*
- CPR-healthcare provider
*Details about the drug screening, background check and CPR certification classes will be distributed at the mandatory nursing orientation held the third Monday in June.