- All applicants are encouraged to attend a nursing student information session. These are generally scheduled monthly. See nursing information session schedule.
- You must have an MCC student I.D. number to apply to the nursing program and for preadmission testing. If you have never attended MCC as a credit student, apply now and pay your $15 fee online or at the Registration Office (A258).
- Complete and submit the AAS in Nursing Program Application. This application is also available in E212.
- The application deadlines are October 15 (for spring) and March 15 (for fall). Return the completed nursing application and documentation of good standing on the Illinois Health Care Worker registry to the nursing department secretary in E212.
- If you have taken any general education or support courses at another institution, submit an official transcript from that college to the admissions office. Ask that the transcript be reviewed for the nursing program. We highly recommended that official transcripts and your evaluation request be submitted by January 15. See transcript evaluation information.
- If you are not accepted into the program, you must reapply for the following year. We will not maintain a waiting list. You will not have to retake the preadmission assessment test (TEAS®).
- If you wish to retake the preadmission assessment test (TEAS®), you may only retake it once. Your last score will be used in the application process.
The number of students admitted into the nursing program each fall is limited; therefore, admission is extremely competitive. The screening process is designed to select the most academically qualified students and will take into consideration the TEAS® score along with the general education and support courses cumulative GPA. All general education and support courses must be completed prior to admission into the program.
Submit the following documentation to the Nursing Department secretary in E212 one month prior to the first day of class:
- proof of a recent physical exam*
- proof of current immunizations*
- two-step TB test*
- background check documentation*