Start a New Student Organization
Looking to start a new student organization? Want to be involved but have other ideas of what to do? Visit Student Life to talk about taking on the rewarding challenge of creating a new organization. We want to help you discuss the goals and objectives of the new group and are a resource for you through this process to help make it a success!
How do I get started?
- Complete the application to charter a student organization
- Select an advisor
- Verify eligibility of members
- Create a mission statement and constitution
- Receive McHenry County College approval
- Be active!
What else should I know?
- When you gather for meetings, socials, dances, service projects, community service, as an organization, you are representing the College. Keep this in mind during all activities and maintain a professional demeanor.
- All members of a student organization who have been chosen, delegated or elected into a leadership role within the organization must have a minimum of a cumulative GPA of 2.5 the semester before, during and after the tenure of your role within the organization.
- No organization members may obligate or commit the College in any way without discussing the matter with your advisor and/or the Coordinator of Student Life.
I have more questions about starting a student organization.