Withdrawing and Refund Policy
How to Withdraw | Drop a Class
Follow our step-by-step instructions and watch the helpful video about changing and dropping credit classes through Student Planning.
You should know that:
- The last day to receive the 100% refund is the business day* before the course begins. Applicable refund periods are noted on your invoice/schedule.
- You will not receive a refund for the registration fee or the payment plan fee.
- All student withdrawal dates are ¾ of the way through the semester.
Length of Course Last Day to Withdraw 16 week course last day of week 12 12 week course last day of week 9 8 week course last day of week 6 4 week course last day of week 3
Important Class Dates - refund after class starts, last day to drop, final grades due
- Grade of “W” will be recorded. It will not count in computing the student grade point average.
- A failing grade will be posted on the student transcript if you do not follow college withdrawal procedures.
- Withdrawal dates are determined as of the date you contact the Registration Office in writing.
Tuition and fee refunds will be issued to eligible students based upon the effective date of withdrawal, which is determined by the date you formally notify the Registration Office by withdrawing online, in person, or by fax. Failure to attend class does not constitute withdrawal. To receive a full refund (less the registration fee) you must withdraw at least one business day prior to the class start date. It is your responsibility to be aware of these refund dates.
Request for Exception to Refund Policy forms are available in the Registration Office. To be considered, you must submit the form to the Bursar's Office no later than two weeks after the semester end date to which the request applies.
Depending on payment type, you will be issued a refund via Higher One as a check (in five to seven business days) or credit to your myMCC Plus Card (the same business day that MCC releases the funds to Higher One), a credit to the financial aid account, or a credit to the credit/debit card used for payment in term. The college reserves the right to determine method of refund.
If the college cancels a course, you will receive a full refund of tuition and course fees.
The following information serves as a guideline.
Refund Policy Rate of refund Classes less than 9 weeks Classes 9 or more weeks long 100% before first business day of class* before first business day of class* 80% within first 7 calendar days of course start date within first 14 calendar days of course start date 0% after 7 days after 14 days
*Business days are Monday through Friday.