In cooperation with Centegra Hospital McHenry and the McHenry Western Lake County EMS System, MCC provides specialized emergency medical technician courses for those interested in becoming professionally-trained emergency medical personnel. Earn your Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic AAS and learn to stabilize accident victims and others in medical crisis at the scene - prior to transport to a health care facility.
MCC also offers you the opportunity to cross-train through our Firescience program.
The McHenry County College Paramedic program has been issued a Letter of Review by the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP). This letter is NOT a CAAHEP accreditation status, it is a status signifying that a program seeking initial accreditation has demonstrated sufficient compliance with the accreditation Standards through the Letter of Review Self Study Report (LSSR) and other documentation. Letter of Review is recognized by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) for eligibility to take the NREMT's Paramedic credentialing examination(s). However, it is NOT a guarantee of eventual accreditation. The paramedic program of McHenry County College, Crystal Lake, IL, holds a Letter of Review from CoAEMSP which has been suspended as of November 20, 2015.
To contact CoAEMSP:
8301 Lakeview Parkway Suite 111-312 Rowlett, TX 75088
Total Cost of Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic AAS
(in-district) Total Amount: $11,800.00
Credit Hours to Complete: 72
Semesters to Complete: 6
What makes MCC's Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic AAS program better than or distinct from similar programs at other institutions?
MCC's EMS program provides opportunities for a range of students and working professionals in this field.
- Emergency Medical Responder:
- This is the entry level-course that provides the non-medical responder with knowledge and basic skills to provide first response treatment to victims of illness and injury with the goal to maintain basic life functions until an ambulance/rescue unit arrives.
- Emergency Medical Technician:
- An EMT provides a detailed study of patient assessment and basic life support management of someone experiencing illness or traumatic injuries. The goal of treatment is to recognize abnormal physical assessment findings and provide basic life support treatments. Upon successful completion of the classroom and clinical requirements for the program, students are eligible for licensure examination within the state of Illinois. Licensure is required for employment.
- The paramedic training program provides an intensive study of the human body with focus on the recognition of life threatening medical illnesses and traumatic injuries. The goal of patient care is to deliver advanced life support treatments based on assessment findings. Upon successful completion of the classroom, lab and clinical internship requirements, students are eligible for licensure examination within the state of Illinois. Licensure is required for employment.
In addition to the Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic AAS, we offer:
- Emergency Medical Technician - Ambulance Certificate
- Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic Certificate
- Firescience AAS
- Firefighter Basic Certificate
- Fire Officer I Certificate
What you need to know about getting your Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic AAS (CIP 51.0904)
|Additional Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic AAS Costs||$4,528.00||$4,528.00||$4,528.00||$4,528.00|
What job opportunities are available to someone with an Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic AAS?
- Entry level fire service and EMS positions for fire departments and EMS agencies
|Occupation and Occupational Profile Link||SOC Code|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||29-2041|
|Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary||25-1071|
How will MCC's Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic AAS program prepare me for my career or connect me to opportunities?
Ask about internships!
By the Numbers:
- Salary range is $45,000 to $50,000.
- Job Outlook: Projected growth 22% (much faster than average)
What have graduates gone on to do?
Outside of the Classroom
Already an MCC student?Department Chair: (815) 479-7521
Interested in getting started at MCC?
Send me more information about this program and MCC.
Ask us to contact you ⇒