Office 365 Instructions for MCC Students
Home Use Office 365 (Education version) for MCC Students
As an MCC student you're eligible to get Office 365 Education for free. The service includes:
- Office Online (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote) and 1TB of cloud storage plus Office app installs and cloud access.
- You can also install Office on up to 5 PCs/Macs and 5 mobile devices.
The MCC Information Technology Department does not provide support for Office 365. If you need help installing or using Microsoft Office 365 you must contact Microsoft Support, not the MCC Help Desk.
Office 365 Sign Up
You must sign up for a MCC email address before you can sign up for Microsoft Office 365. If you have never requested a student email address, click the Student Email link at www.mchenry.edu/tech. Afterward, complete the steps below
- Go to office.com/getoffice365
- Enter your MCC student email and select Get Started
- Select I’m a student
- Select Sign in
- Sign in using your student email address and your MCC password.
- Enter your birthdate and select Start
- Select Skip
- You have successfully created your account and can now access Office applications in the cloud or install to your device.
- Make sure to uninstall any existing products on your device before continuing.
- For system requirements/FAQ's visit office.com/getoffice365
- For mobile device support visit office.com/mobile
- Download and Install Office
- For minimum system requirements visit the FAQ section at office.com/getoffice365
- IMPORTANT: Uninstall any existing Microsoft Office products before proceeding with the new install. This includes uninstalling any trial versions of Microsoft Office products.
- For information about mobile devices, visit www.office.com/mobile
- If you attempt to download Office using the MCC Wi-Fi on campus, the download will fail.
- Access and Publisher are available as downloads for PCs only.
- OneNote for Mac is available as a separate download from the Mac App Store.
- To maintain your subscription, you must connect to the internet at least every 30 days from each device on which the software is installed.
- Once you’re no longer a student at MCC, the program will expire and the Microsoft Office applications will enter a reduced-functionality mode. This means existing documents can be viewed but not edited. New documents cannot be created. In addition, online services associated with your MCC account, such as Office Online and OneDrive, will no longer work.
- Returning Office 365 User